Pool & Spa Sales Team
Please contact us any time. Our experienced team is here to help.
Arthur F. Harre III
Art Harre is Chief Sales Officer (CSO) for Haviland Enterprises and Executive Vice President for Haviland Enterprise. Art came to Haviland in 1993 as National Sales Manager/General Manager for Haviland Consumer Products Inc. (the pool chemical division). Art has been involved in the swimming pool industry since 1984.
Art attended Ohio State University from 1978-1982 and majored in Marketing. Upon leaving OSU, Art started in the retail business of the swimming pool industry. With retail experience Art quickly progressed to outside regional sales manager for a variety of companies in the Swimming Pool Industry.
- Kari joined the Haviland team in 2013 as the Regional Sales Manager to the Upper Midwest.
- She began her career in 1998, managing her family's professional pool & spa business in Rochester, MN. From Sales to Service, Chemicals, and Customer Care, Kari knows all sides of the business.
- Growing up in the industry gave her 15 years of experience prior to her professional career. "My mom started me quite early as she toted me to the shop in a baby carrier on days she had to work. I'm pretty sure my first sitter was the a black lab - the shop dog - he stood watch over me! I've pretty much been a part of the industry since then," says Kari.
- Placing great emphasis on the importance of detail and follow-thru, Kari prides herself on her ability to communicate effectively and her motivation to get things done. She says, "My hands on approach to customer care has set me apart from the crowd, and I'm honored to have been recognized by my peers across the industry as the right candidate for Regional Sales Manager at Haviland."
- Kari graduated in 2006 with honors and a degree in Law & Sociology from the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities campus. After college, when she wasn't splashing in the pool business, she spent winters in Aspen/Snowmass, CO as a private snowboard instructor. Forever a lover of all things outdoors, Colorado became her Mecca for Snowboarding, camping, backpacking, hiking, and trail running, "There are a lot of 14ers out there to be conquered!" Kari also enjoys minimalist running, climbing, triathlons, Reiki, yoga, and playing her guitar.
- John joined the Haviland team in 2012 as Regional Sales Manager to the Midwest. John has worked in pool retail for the past 25 years, most recently as proprietor of a dealership in suburban Flint, MI.
John began in the pool industry while studying criminal justice at Ferris State University in Big Rapids, MI. John’s summer job stocking ProTeam left an indelible mark in John’s mind; quality products make for quality customers. When it came time for John to open his own store, choosing a Haviland brand was obvious. John’s experience on the retail side of the business gives him a unique understanding of the challenges dealers face every day.
“Michigan, especially the east side is a challenging market even at the best of times.” John says. “Having the cheapest price in town might get you the sale, but having the best products gets you repeat customers. Customers are loyal to quality products and service. and a dealer has to reward that loyalty with the best products and consistent solutions. That’s why I always chose Haviland.”
“John is a perfect fit for Haviland.” says Art Harre, Haviland Chief Sales Officer. ” Michigan is our home, but when we started to grow we kept looking outward, and kinda neglected our backyard. John’s a Midwest guy with Midwest values who knows both sides of the dealer business; the chemical side and the service side. I think John will really help Haviland and really help our customers too.”
John lives in Grand Blanc, MI with his wife and two children. When he’s not troubleshooting pools, he enjoys hunting, fishing and camping. He is also self-described as ‘not bad looking for a fat guy”.
Dave joined the Haviland Products team in 1994. He has been raised in the Haviland environment since spending his High school summer vacation in the Consumers Packaging Division. While attending GVSU, Dave interned in Marketing and Human Resources. Dave spent nearly a decade with the Industrial division, specializing in solvents, custom formulations and product development. Dave currently serves as the Sales Manager for Distribution and Direct Sales of Pool and Spa Products.
Galen Hostutler joined the Haviland team in 2008. Galen is the Regional Sales Manager for Haviland Consumer Products division in the Western part of the Midwest and the Southwest. A 20-year veteran of the representation side of the swimming pool business, Galen came to Haviland after BioLab exited the distributor channel of the business. Before his short stint with Bio Lab, Galen has spent many years on the equipment side with Raypak, Sta-Rite Industries, and Ft Wayne Pools. Galen and his wife of 33 years, Sherry enjoy playing golf, and taking trips to Seattle to see the grandson and family there.
Kevin joined the Haviland team in 2008.
Kevin Vlietstra started in the pool industry in 1997, both an accounts payable and receivable specialist for a West Michigan pool supply house. In 2000, Kevin became manager of the supply house, and in 2003, he left the company’s retail sales team and became its purchasing manager. During that time he also assumed the role of IT Manager.
Mark A. Wiltz
Mark joined the Haviland Products team in 2001.
Mark began his career in the chemical industry with Action Chemical in 1995 as a territory sales manager. After his first year at Haviland Products, he took a position in the Consumer Products division in 2002 as an Account Manager responsible for various lines of Pool & Spa Chemicals. Currently Mark is the Sales Manager for ProTeam pool and spa chemicals and PoolCorp, the leading pool chemical organization in the industry. Mark’s knowledge of the product line makes him an invaluable resource to his many customers.
- Don is the Technical Consultant and former owner of the ProTeam Product line.
Following graduation from Georgia State University and service in the U.S. Army as a Captain, Armor Branch, Don went to work for Celanese Corp, a six billion dollar fibers, plastics, chemicals and coatings manufacturer.
In 1985 he joined his Dad (John Girvan) then 75 and helped achieve the first Borate Patent for Pools and Spas. Don transitioned the Girvan Company from a BioLab distributor into a manufacturing company starting with 50 dealers and growing to nearly 1,000. ProTeam gained a reputation for High Tech products and Patented innovations.
Haviland Consumer Products acquired ProTeam in 2002 and moved ProTeam manufacturing from their 70,000 square foot plant in St. Augustine Florida to their 950,000 square foot facility in Grand Rapids Michigan. He was asked to come along as Technical Consultant for product development, training, customer assistance, and sales support. He has been granted 5 U.S. Patents and 40 foreign patents. Don tells anyone who cares to know “ This is the fun part of the business!”